• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quake3droid on Market!

Anderdroid

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
quake3droid is on the market! Port of Quake 3 demo to Android. You can upgrade it to the full version of Quake 3 by copying your pak0 file over from the PC game's baseq3 folder.

It's really sick, runs great on lots of phones even some low end ones.

Check it out, search quake3droid. Need some feedback and testing!

screen2.png

Controls just like NOVA!

I am NOT Zodttd and this is not 'quake4droid' it is quake3droid

There is already a FREE version of quake 3 out there somewhere. I would never buy this shit from Zod. His shit is really unsupported.

kwaak3 - Project Hosting on Google Code

I AM NOT ZOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And mine has a full touch screen interface for touch only phones... It's what it's meant for.

And I answer emails within minutes, even got a phone call lol.

I don't know the issue with sound on some phones (desire, incredible), I'll see what I can do. Don't have one to test with so :(

Also this plays on 1.32 servers. Can play with PC players.

Upvote 0

And mine has a full touch screen interface for touch only phones... It's what it's meant for.
GOOD :D Zod does have a version of quake on the market. I just checked.

For some reason, when I run kwaak3, it says "Evo 4G" on my screen. I think maybe it was optimized for that phone only or something.

Anderdroid, what settings are in your version? Can you change the controls if your phone has a keyboard? Can you modify the graphics settings? I like to turn them all the way up on my Epic because I can :D

Upvote 0

And I answer emails within minutes, even got a phone call lol.

I don't know the issue with sound on some phones (desire, incredible), I'll see what I can do. Don't have one to test with so :(

Also this plays on 1.32 servers. Can play with PC players.

I did a refund since I have an Incredible (no sound). Sound shuts off as soon as the Id logo screen loads up. You can here the low hiss of sound being on as the the app is activated, but sound shuts off as soon as the logo pops up.

Will buy again if you get the sound fixed :)

Upvote 0
ATTENTION! Listen guys the game works perfectly when I slide out the keyboard on my epic. Aiming and shooting at the same time and everything but, I prefer using the wasd keys to move. It may work the same way on all phones with physical keyboards.
Well that is good for you but sadly many of us dont have physical keyboards and it seems without one the gameplay is dissatisfying

Upvote 0
I think this is a giant step forward for fps on android. If we can get more ports of this caliber it would be awesome. I have the same problem with sound on my EVO it seems it's an HTC thing. I've talked to him about it already, he is very quick to answer. It would be great if there was an aim assist for us touch screen players like NOVA has as well. It is playable, I played online with 3 other people, I didn't do great but I did get kills.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones