• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Query about xperia pro........

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy an xperia pro but i have a concern about its internal memory. It has just 320 mb internal memory available for user. What i have read is that by default all applications in android are installed on internal memory. Isn't 320 mb too low for that? By default, not all applications can be moved to sd card. I have read that there are some ways of installing apps by default on sd card like rooting and using link2sd. Also there is ADB for installing apps on sd card. But rooting voids warranty i guess. Also, someone said that if you transfer apps from internal memory to sd card, sometimes the entire app is not moved, just some portion of it. You can't use widgets for applications installed on sd card.

Is there any simple method of managing memory? What i would like to do is keep internal memory untouched and install everything on sd card by default. Also, can i free some more internal memory by uninstalling stock apps?

I would also like to know about gaming performance of the phone, can it handle heavy titles? What kind of games can i play on it?

What i would like to do is keep internal memory untouched and install everything on sd card by default.
Completely untouched? What are you supposed to gain by doing this?

I have moved everything possible to SD card, and I've still about 3rd of the internal memory free. I don't use a lot of widgets, so losing the widget functionality that has not concerned me. I keep my phone clean & organized but I think generally I have more apps than I really need.

I have not rooted (yet), but getting rid off some of the stock apps would obviously free couple of dozen megabytes at least.

All apps are not installed on the internal memory by default (unless there's a setting for this), but most of them probably.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones