• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about adding apps to a discontinued phone

steff2j

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
HI All,

I suspect not, but is there a restriction on using the Android market to add apps to a non-active phone using WiFi?

My daughter (5 yo) loves the Android games, and I'm thinking about getting her a used phone with WiFi and loading up on games for her to use it basically like a portable game player.

Just want to make sure there isn't some kind of account check that goes on as you download.

thanks in advance!
-steff2j

My wife "lost" her phone (EVO) . We got a new one through insurance. Amazingly she found her other one 2 weeks later.

We use it for music, games, wifi and download apps regularly. It is pretty amazing how functional it can be set up. There is a great text app called TextPlus and several VOIP/SIP call options making it
very functional through wifi.

You of course immediately reported your find to the insurance company and reimbursed them the claim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones