• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about ally look & feel, compared to other 2.2 phones

mattgaitan

Aug 18, 2010
California
I noticed a few things on other peoples phones running stock Android 2.2 and I was curious as to why our stock ally's didn't look the same way.

For instance the AM/PM font in the top right is smaller than the time font, is there any low level setting inside any of the system files that can change this?
dnecch.jpg

also, when in landscape mode on other phones running 2.2 i notice the icons/ widgets/ etc right justify, and scale down a little bit. Is there any setting that will change this as well?
141nnmu.jpg

Thank you :)

Yes, the clock is changed because people may be running a rom/theme, there is no internal setting to just do so. The landscape icon size change, id you use LauncherPro or possibly ADW EX (not sure only had it for about 20 mins) you can adjust how many rows/columns you have in portrait/landscape/dock, and other fun nifty things

Upvote 0
Yes, the clock is changed because people may be running a rom/theme, there is no internal setting to just do so. The landscape icon size change, id you use LauncherPro or possibly ADW EX (not sure only had it for about 20 mins) you can adjust how many rows/columns you have in portrait/landscape/dock, and other fun nifty things

I think you may have misunderstood my post man, the clock is like that on a lot of stock 2.2 phone, my friend has the Droid and after he got the ota for 2.2, his time was like that so I'm guessing it's changeable somewhere.

& i know of LauncherPro & ADW Ex doing it, i just dont find that as polished.

Thank you for trying to help anyways though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones