• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Gmail (Phone w/ Cpu)

Barats

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
I'm sure there is a simple way to do this and no flaming, lol.

But whenever I view messages on my phone on Gmail, and either delete them or view as read, it does not reflect those actions when I login on my cpu to my email account. I have to perform those actions again. I thought I had everything synced up. I guess not. Any help?

You're using POP. You need to be using IMAP.
Go to Gmail.com>settings(top right)>Farwarding and POP/IMAP>Endable IMAP.
Then You'll have to reconfigure your mail client (Apple Mail, Entourage, Outlook, etc.) to reflect an IMAP account, instead of the existing POP account. The easiest way would be to delete it, and recreate it with IMAP settings.

NOTE: save any mailboxes that you have inside your client before you delete the POP account. You might lose important "saved" emails if you don't.

Basically, POP just allows to receive your mail in a client. IMAP allows for 2-way communication between the Gmail server, and your client.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones