• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Question about ListView?

hello_world

Lurker
May 26, 2016
I am learning android app development and I want to make a small app which will take data from 2 text fields (text fields are item and amount) and insert it into a list.

So this list should have two columns.

The user can enter any amount of items he wants so the list should be dynamic. He/she should also be able to edit the list while entering data into it.

Later on (as I keep learning), I want to take each item in this list, and enter it into a Database.

So my question is, is ListView the best widget which I should use or is there a better/easier one?

Hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance

In your adapter, you can make the views in each list item have an OnClickListener which you can use to listen for when the user clicks on the present List Items. From there, you can decide how you want them to edit the data such as making a dialog where they can input data or some other interface of your choosing.
ListView it is... I just wanted to make sure that everything I wanted to could be done using ListView. I didnt want to do the app halfway and then find out that something I wanted couldnt be done on it. Thanks for all your help :):)

Reactions: LightningBolt226
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones