• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about my china apad

dstinddr

Lurker
Aug 31, 2012
heres the full specs of my CHINA APAD
Model Number: Wodnermedia8650
Android Version 2.2
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-default
Built Number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver.1.5.5-19691231.115959

Im planning to change its battery because of its short (3 hour) battery life
and i will just ask if its also possible to change its ram, i hear about kernel version only can hold up to 256mb ram, can anyone explain this to me and make it clear im planning to change 1gb ram for it, or do i need to download any application to support 1gb ram thanks in advance i hope someone can help me here,

I know the Apad, it's pretty much the same as most of the other Chinese tablets. There's a single mainboard with all components firmly soldered onto it. An Android tablet is not like a PC, where you can undo a couple of screws and change out the SIMMs. I've never heard of anyone upgrading RAM on an Android tablet. It would involve removing and replacing SMT chips.

The battery is sealed inside. You may be able to upgrade the battery, obviously it would involve opening it up, and finding a larger capacity Li-Ion battery that will fit within the casing. How good are you at dealing with close tolerence electronics? You can always hook up a USB battery pack to it, that will give you longer operating times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones