Question about Sense UIGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kinda of new to this but why would someone want to disable Sense UI? What are the benefits?

Advertisement
  2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

The only real reason I've heard for disabling it is that the phone runs faster without it. Some people say it didn't make a difference for them though.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

very marginal difference if any at all....not worth it IMO.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Some just like the look and feel of vanilla Android too. Not sure why you would get a phone with Sense if that is the case, but to each their own.

5. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys and one vampire....:)

6. davros

davros Well-Known Member

i was useing openhome with 1.5 but i like the 2.1 sense UI. the only thing i really dont like about it is the phone button thats it

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

My phone does seem slightly less laggy with the normal home, but it is so marginal, and the usability is definitely not as good, to be worth it to me. I switched back to SenseUI.

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

With 1.5 I only ran home, I had no need for 7 screens 3 was perfect, the phone wasn't any faster but my dialer and on screen send/end buttons reacted better.

Since I upgraded to 2.1 I tried running Home and for whatever reasons some programs weren't showing up and it was very laggy so I am using home and just using 3 screens right now. My phone is working smoother then it ever has

But I still am not the biggest Sense UI fan , just my home isn't working all that great for me right now

9. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

I was looking for a "dock" functionality that Sense doesn't offer. I tried dxTop and was blown away with how natural the diamond layout works compared to the linear layout that Sense uses. Sense does look more polished, but dxTop is far more efficient and functional. IMHO, anyway...