• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

?: Question from an iPhone user

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
Ive been using iPhones since they first came out and have never had an Android phone. Ive been interested to try Android, but before I do I wanted to ask a question. This may seem extremely elementary but it is a legit question coming from someone who knows nothing about Android other than what some acquaintances have told me.

My question is...

Is there any possible way to utilize a PC, an Android phone and a smart watch in the same way (or close) to what I can do with my Apple products? Specifically, being able to answer my phone on my computer, Face Time, text from my computer with the ability to drag and drop images to a text message and also start a task on one device and then continue it, where I left off, on another device?

Even if it is not as seamless as it is with Apple, Im mainly interested if it can be done. A few extra clicks, programs etc. won't deter me that much but Im curious to find out if it is at all possible. Im thinking that it is because it would seem Android and Windows would want to offer something like this to compete with Apple's Ecosystem.

Thanks again for any input you can give me and I hope everyone is doing well.

best,

Rick

Upvote 0
Is there any possible way to utilize a PC, an Android phone and a smart watch in the same way (or close) to what I can do with my Apple products? Specifically, being able to answer my phone on my computer, Face Time, text from my computer with the ability to drag and drop images to a text message and also start a task on one device and then continue it, where I left off, on another device?

Yep, but it will be different. Some things, especially coming from the "one way" of Apple, will seem counter-intuitive and downright silly. Trying to do it all at once will give you an aneurysm. Just like learning any new skill, start with the basics, learn one thing, practice and then move to the next thing. We'll be glad to help. :)

Upvote 0
Hi there. Yes, this most certainly can be done with the android app called AirDroid. It wirelessly connects your pc to your android over your wifi network.

Have a look at the app on the Play Store (it's free). Click on the images to enlarge them and read the notes on the images...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en_US
Thank you so much GameTheory! This is super helpful and Im anxious to take a look at it. Appreciate your expertise!!;)

Yep, but it will be different. Some things, especially coming from the "one way" of Apple, will seem counter-intuitive and downright silly. Trying to do it all at once will give you an aneurysm. Just like learning any new skill, start with the basics, learn one thing, practice and then move to the next thing. We'll be glad to help. :)
Great advice lunatic59! Thank you for the input and the offer to help. This is fantastic! Much appreciated!;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones