• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question installing Video Boot screen possible

Evo4sickness

Android Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2010
Whats up people I was going to install the Nexus boot screen and than I found out about custom boots. I also saw there are people who have nstalled videos as there boot screens. So I had the crazy badass Idea to install any of the transformers transforming videos like Optimus prime download the video and put in the file in the boot folder. Wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can do this and the instructions on how load a boot screen which I didnt find on here.

i used all of the stuff in the boot animation thread. you basically need a video converter. either fotosizer or paint.net and 7zip. i believe those are the tools you will need.

I just read through the thread but there was a couple saying there was something wrong with the order of the 0 and 1 folders. And Iam not understanding the directions very well. Did you already try it and work for you. I have an Evo. let me know.

Upvote 0
i started it but have not finished it yet, but it is on my list to do this weekend. i did pull and extracted the bootanimation from one of the roms i had. my next step is to use the text file and part o folder with what i have in mind and rezip it with 7zip and hopefully it will work. not sure if it will.

Iam guessing your making one from scratch or are you just getting video file. Yeah I really wanted to load this tonight but I didnt think this was ss complicated as is. So your saying the directions here work. because I looked at a link at XDA and seems a bit more detailed but still not understanding what the steps to 120 percent. And the directions on the video editing. What was the proble Mr ed was having.

Upvote 0
i started it but have not finished it yet, but it is on my list to do this weekend. i did pull and extracted the bootanimation from one of the roms i had. my next step is to use the text file and part o folder with what i have in mind and rezip it with 7zip and hopefully it will work. not sure if it will.

Check this shit out bro I found a Boot loader solution. XDA developers are really the guys that know what they are doing. I found a boot loader App for windows here it is try it out and let me know. Iam going to try it right now after I modify the video.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714833

Upvote 0
Whats up people I was going to install the Nexus boot screen and than I found out about custom boots. I also saw there are people who have nstalled videos as there boot screens. So I had the crazy badass Idea to install any of the transformers transforming videos like Optimus prime download the video and put in the file in the boot folder. Wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can do this and the instructions on how load a boot screen which I didnt find on here.

yo check this out got it working other day . its a tranformer animation with sound. sorry dont have a sample of it. but try it you will love it.. I DO Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones