• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Honor 5x

Hello,
I recently bought this phone and absolutely love it but couldn't find the answer these two questions:
1. I know the phone doesn't have Corning glass on it. How fickle is the screen. Like will it not even survive a fall from 2-3 feet? If so what would be a good tempered glass protector for this phone? Preferrably a thin one.
2. How do I make the 'Hangouts Dialer' the default app for calling? Every time I click a phone number it goes to the Dialer and then from there it only gives me an option to go through my carrier?

1. I've dropped mine numerous times from even highter up and it's held up just fine. But with anything, the right angle or right impact point and anything goes. I'm still using the facgtory installed screen protector, so I have nothing to add there.
2. I'm on a test build right now, but if I remember correctly, you go into Settings | Apps and there is a settings menu in there. From that choose default apps and you can change the default dialer in there.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones