• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions before purchasing Triumph

exProphecy

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2011
'ello mates! I'm interested in purchasing the Motorola Triumph but I've got a few questions beforehand.
1. Is there a ROM out for the Triumph which has HDMI and front facing camera/back camera operational?
2. If there is no ROM with HDMI fully operational, is it possible for me to root and overclock whilst still being stock kernel/rom?

Basically, I'm looking for everything to work on it but also be able to root and overclock.

3. Also, is there any Gingerbread ROM out there that has HDMI working?

Thanks in advance guise :D

'ello mates! I'm interested in purchasing the Motorola Triumph but I've got a few questions beforehand.
1. Is there a ROM out for the Triumph which has HDMI and front facing camera/back camera operational?
2. If there is no ROM with HDMI fully operational, is it possible for me to root and overclock whilst still being stock kernel/rom?

Basically, I'm looking for everything to work on it but also be able to root and overclock.

3. Also, is there any Gingerbread ROM out there that has HDMI working?

Thanks in advance guise :D

1. all the Froyo roms are based on the stock rom, have overclocking enabled, and the bloat removed, and have everything working 100% i recommend FroyoCream Sandwich. its updated regularly and everything works.

be warned HDMI output is only 480p, even while playing hd content.

2. yes, you can, but i believe the answer to question 1 solved this problem for you.

3. no GB roms have HDMI working. sorry. its a feature ive been waiting for as well.

it may never happen, but who knows we MIGHT get hdmi support in android 4.0. the 4.0 rom works very well, but the cameras arent functional and has a few small bugs. im using it but might go back to froyocream sandwich in a few days.

Reactions: exProphecy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones