• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QuickPic help please

angiembfl

May 3, 2011
NE FL
I have pics that I would like to keep hidden in my phone so the kids or someone I'm letting look through my phone don't see them. I tried using QuickPic and created a new folder "Private" and put them in there then hid the folder. Now, I don't know how to find it in my File Explorer and the pics still show up in my stock gallery even though when I tap them it doesn't show them in the full size view. I want them to be excluded from the gallery completely. Is there a way to do this? Am I doing something wrong?

No but it can hide them if you choose.
You can still see them with a file explorer but not with QuickPic of the Gallery.
It'll add a .NoMedia file in that folder. if you wanna unhide them just delete that file.

you can also set a passcode so no one can see those photos/files/apps/videos.....

Pep

Pep

Thanks. I'll try that app.

I'm confused though because QuickPic supposedly does the same thing, but when I go into my Files app, I can't find the folder with the pics in it. I'm worried that if something happens and the app gets deleted I'll never find the pics again.

Upvote 0
Quickpic lets you show or hide any folders you want. Settings/browse/ included or excluded folder list. Add or delete at will (does not effect what's really on the sd card).

Then there's a menu button "show hidden" if you want to see what's hidden. You can also "protect hidden folders with a password" (same settings/browse menu)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones