• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quirk with Jellybean and Lightflow

LightFlow has definitely been a pain lately. Are there any alternatives?

I'm experimenting with tasker to do the job. There is a lot of work involved but it seems to get the job done more or less. If you want to do very basic things like LED notification on missed calls/text, low batter, full charged then its not too cumbersome. I'm stuck trying to get it to work with google voice text notifications.

Upvote 0
I had very slightly similar problems when I first installed lightflow. Trial and error and I figured this combination fixed it (btw I use the free version):

Under Settings:
Enable "Clear All" Switch off all notifications when the user presses the "Clear" button in the notification bar

Under the each notification I set up I enabled:
Pull down notification bar: clear this notification when the notification bar is pulled down to view

Since then I don't have the issue anymore. But it could just be dumb luck.

Upvote 0
Lightflow hasn't been working right since a few updates ago when they started to update for JB. Sometimes I get a notification light, sometimes I don't. Sometimes it fixes itself if I restart lighflow. Its definitely not as good as it used to be.

Try switching off and back on the lightflow accessibility service. Also try the lightflow debug widget to a homescreen to see what it thinks is on.

Pm me if you have problems or use the contact us option in the app or on our website.

For sms you shouldn't need to find a particular message for it to clear. It doesn'tmmonitor for that. It's accessing the app it checks for, but depending on your messaging app you sometimes need to set alternate on / off monitoring to get it to work (or a combination of both)

I've occasionally seen the gmail not clear. This happened since Google pushed out an updatetto Gmail. I'm planning on reworking the gmail part to work with labels now Google have opened up the api to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones