• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
In the RadioTime app, it shows 2h, 58m left. What does that mean?

Estimated time left on the show that is currently broadcasting.

Example - Joe Blow in the Morning is on from 7am-11am, so when you tune in at 8:15am it will say 2h, 45m left. I'm not sure if their talent/show lineup is always correct, but it's usually pretty close.

Reactions: AdrianC14
Upvote 0
Too bad non-sports AM radio is trash... how could any sane person with more than a high school education want to suffer through blatantly partisan hacks like Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Limbaugh? I'll take real news, thanks.

Probably the same kind of "oh so enlightened" person who can't keep their political opinions off of a totally unrelated thread.

I personally don't care what flavor of Kool Aid you drink.

Upvote 0
For you Baseball fans out there, At Bat 2010 is a sweet app! Cost $14.99 but totally worth it! Live game tracking and you can listen to the home or away broadcast from any game. The videos are spectacular also. Plus there is a 5 minute condensed game video after each game ends so you can watch every game in an hour or so.. ;)

I use it all day long.

RadioTime is cool too.. RT also has all of the Yahoo channels like Hair Flair and Class Reunion channels. Just gotta search "Yahoo". Ticks me off though, a few of my local stations show up on my phone but are grayed out. Citadel broadcasting blows with their flash based streams. Can't listen to the Huge Show! (Michigan) Stuck with 97.1 and they barely talk sports.. Weird for a sports show.

Upvote 0
Too bad non-sports AM radio is trash... how could any sane person with more than a high school education want to suffer through blatantly partisan hacks like Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Limbaugh? I'll take real news, thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yeah you're right the "normal" "educated" people listen to scholars like Howard Stern, Bob and Tom and of course ONLY get their "real" news from non-partisan resources like NPR. :rolleyes: Of course that could be my Ba Sci, Ma Ed talking. Who really knows.;)

Upvote 0
I just wanted to add something about RadioTime....it will not stream Clear Channel owned stations on the app but it will on the PC. You have to use I heart Radio for CC stations. Also, I noticed that the phone screen has to stay on or it loses the 3G connection if it times out.

Another radio app I found, though not as good as RadioTime, is the Yahoo Music App. They have most of the CBS stations on there and then some other Yahoo stations.

Upvote 0
I was excited to hear about this app and even more when I purchased it. However, I'm having problems with the one station I really wanted. Can anyone load 97.1 The Fan out of Columbus, OH and tell me if they can get passed constant buffering and initial advertisement? Trying to figure out if its just my phone/area/it just hates me or if its the feed. Thanx for anyones help!

Upvote 0
I just wanted to add something about RadioTime....it will not stream Clear Channel owned stations on the app but it will on the PC. You have to use I heart Radio for CC stations. Also, I noticed that the phone screen has to stay on or it loses the 3G connection if it times out.

Another radio app I found, though not as good as RadioTime, is the Yahoo Music App. They have most of the CBS stations on there and then some other Yahoo stations.

thanks.

Upvote 0
Thank you to the OP. I'll download and give RT a try. I realize that this thread is getting political and is in danger to being sent to the lounge, but this station sounds like what I like; that is to listen to sports, music and all different views on talk stations. I guess it is the educated old, stubborn yankee, with Scottish ancestors in me. I like to listen to all and make up my own mind. Cheers and thanks again.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones