• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radio/Wi-Fi Handoff and Exchange

vinbeaver

Jul 26, 2009
I'm having an issue that when I leave an area that I'm using Wi-Fi, my phone automatically drops to 3G and won't go back to 4G until I flip to Airplane Mode and back. Also, my 4G randomly dips out to EDGE service (1x) and doesn't come back until I go to Airplane Mode as well. Now I know the issue isn't not having 4G because I've tested while my wife is sitting next to me and she'll always have 4G, no issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having an issue that when I leave an area that I'm using Wi-Fi, my phone automatically drops to 3G and won't go back to 4G until I flip to Airplane Mode and back. Also, my 4G randomly dips out to EDGE service (1x) and doesn't come back until I go to Airplane Mode as well. Now I know the issue isn't not having 4G because I've tested while my wife is sitting next to me and she'll always have 4G, no issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try updating your PRL by dialing *228 then hit 5 to update to the latest roaming list. That took care of it for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones