• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ram vs sense ui

lexshero

Nov 2, 2009
I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the hige difference with ram depending on weather or not you disable sense...i started having alot of apps i downloaded start with my phone cuzz i use them alot. My phone was bogged down so bad, could see within 5 minuites of using. A few apps i had 30 ram or so, i dissabled sense, if i had alot of sense widgets on the screens, i easily clear 20 to 25 ram, makes my phone run so much better, rotates faster, opens apps smoother, and faster. Im so impressed that for me id rather give up sense for a faster, cleaner, smoother running phone. Anyone else notice this???
Sprint htc hero...

yes, Sense takes up quite a bit of processing power, but what's the point in having a Hero if you don't have sense enabled? You might as well get a Moment.

Also, if you wouldn't have those apps load at start, and just open them when you need them, you wouldn't have the bogging down issue. They certainly shouldn't take more than a few seconds to open anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones