ram vs sense ui

Last Updated:

1. lexshero

lexshero Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the hige difference with ram depending on weather or not you disable sense...i started having alot of apps i downloaded start with my phone cuzz i use them alot. My phone was bogged down so bad, could see within 5 minuites of using. A few apps i had 30 ram or so, i dissabled sense, if i had alot of sense widgets on the screens, i easily clear 20 to 25 ram, makes my phone run so much better, rotates faster, opens apps smoother, and faster. Im so impressed that for me id rather give up sense for a faster, cleaner, smoother running phone. Anyone else notice this???
    Sprint htc hero...

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

yes, Sense takes up quite a bit of processing power, but what's the point in having a Hero if you don't have sense enabled? You might as well get a Moment.

Also, if you wouldn't have those apps load at start, and just open them when you need them, you wouldn't have the bogging down issue. They certainly shouldn't take more than a few seconds to open anyway.

3. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Hero without Sense is still a Hero. A Moment is just that...the time frame you will actually enjoy the phone!:D;)

4. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would rather own a Hero without Sense than own a Moment. Moment is too big and bulky. The keyboard layout is terrible. That's why people by the Moment I think...for the keyboard. And it really isn't that good. IMO

5. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

Hey easy on the Moment. I think the device is wonderful.... Just the other day, I used it by putting it behind my front tire so my car wouldnt roll down the hill. I use a desk fan at work and I cant tell you how many times the Moment kept my important papers from flying off the desk. :)

6. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

lol