• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Ringtones After Updates

dgroves

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
I read through a couple of threads about ring tone problems, but none applied. It seems as though after the most recent update (2.2) about a week ago, when I get a text message you could toss a coin and pick any number of the pre-loaded notification tones that the phone spits out. Same goes for calls. It still get's it right for my default sometimes. It's just weird. I went in and re-set my default but it's still happening. Anyone else having that issue? It's happens mounted or not, and I don't use custom ring tones for different people, in case that thought crossed your mind. Only since the update is the key. I just can't figure out why.

I read through a couple of threads about ring tone problems, but none applied. It seems as though after the most recent update (2.2) about a week ago, when I get a text message you could toss a coin and pick any number of the pre-loaded notification tones that the phone spits out. Same goes for calls. It still get's it right for my default sometimes. It's just weird. I went in and re-set my default but it's still happening. Anyone else having that issue? It's happens mounted or not, and I don't use custom ring tones for different people, in case that thought crossed your mind. Only since the update is the key. I just can't figure out why.

i'm going through the same problem. it's not a consistant thing but it's annoying. is it related to the phone being connected to computer via USB? i noticed it while connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones