• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Wallpaper App Request/Idea

BottledHate

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2009
WA
An app that would be nice to have would be one that picks a random wallpaper from a single directory on your sd card.

I have a ton of back grounds and i love changing them!

1)Random selection of an image file from a specified directory.

2)Some sort of table to know not to pic the same image again untill all or most have been gone through.... (so u don't see the same one all the time randomly)

3)Time selection: infinite! i hate the typical 5 15 30 1hour ect... let us put a number representing minutes....

4)'Locale' locale plugin?

5) Moto Droid: when you add pictures manually you have to drag the area you want as the back ground... options for full selection or default? full selection being the important one so it doesn't auto crop the image...

I'd love to have something along these lines...........

An app that would be nice to have would be one that picks a random wallpaper from a single directory on your sd card.

I have a ton of back grounds and i love changing them!

1)Random selection of an image file from a specified directory.

2)Some sort of table to know not to pic the same image again untill all or most have been gone through.... (so u don't see the same one all the time randomly)

3)Time selection: infinite! i hate the typical 5 15 30 1hour ect... let us put a number representing minutes....

4)'Locale' locale plugin?

5) Moto Droid: when you add pictures manually you have to drag the area you want as the back ground... options for full selection or default? full selection being the important one so it doesn't auto crop the image...

I'd love to have something along these lines...........

hell i'd even settle for a script! :D

thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones