• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I went to the hardware store to pick up a 3/16 allen wrench. I didn't check it because it was in a drawer marked 3/16 and they were all the same size. It doesn't fit/work because it's (clearly marked) 1/4, as I'm positive the whole drawer is. Le sigh. Heading back to the store shortly...

Upvote 0
This nice man parked his car so close to my driveway exit, that it was not physically possible for me to turn left here without mounting the opposite kerb. In the UK, the modern way of building housing estates is to make very narrow roads. Thing is, there is a parking bay about 50 yards away, which he could have used. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20151130_215314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Well I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say they just didn't realise it was going to cause an obstruction. I left a polite note on the windscreen, pointing out the error of their ways, and inviting personal discussion, if required. I found the note left outside my front door this morning.
If it happens again, I'm calling 101 and having the vehicle towed away. Mwahahahahaha!

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Yesterday was Cyber Monday. Today I got an email from Chase with a promo code for my Amazon rewards card, 25% off Kindles. Yesterday, on Cyber Monday, I ordered a Kindle.

I just spent a while chatting online with Amazon, they were able to apply it but it was tricky since the order is in process. I hope it really does show up, they said it will take 24 hours.

But really Chase, really. Ugh. I just can't seem to get the right stuff the right way this week!

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
Yesterday was Cyber Monday. Today I got an email from Chase with a promo code for my Amazon rewards card, 25% off Kindles. Yesterday, on Cyber Monday, I ordered a Kindle.

I just spent a while chatting online with Amazon, they were able to apply it but it was tricky since the order is in process. I hope it really does show up, they said it will take 24 hours.

But really Chase, really. Ugh. I just can't seem to get the right stuff the right way this week!

I bought a PS4 for on Cyber Monday yesterday, just need to find something to do with the PS3 now ?

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay, taking a deep breath... Couriers...?! DHL sucks. Big time. Waited 31 minutes to have a 15 minute talk on the phone. Why, you may wonder?
A courier came by our home today to make a delivery while I was out, in the office. The courier is supposed to come back for a second attempt first anyway, but he didn't. He left a note straight away.
So... He left that note that I could log into a site to make an appointment for a second attempt, or to choose a pickup point. Since we're both working tomorrow I prefer the latter.
The online system gives four options to pick up the package, Schiphol Airport 17 km one way drive is nearest, followed by Utrecht, Den Haag and Rotterdam. While there is a pick up point 200 meters from my home, in my own village...
Expect... The system is down now, so no one can tell for sure. And the representative couldn't help, because his system was down as well.

Upvote 0
Okay, taking a deep breath... Couriers...?! DHL sucks. Big time. Waited 31 minutes to have a 15 minute talk on the phone. Why, you may wonder?
A courier came by our home today to make a delivery while I was out, in the office. The courier is supposed to come back for a second attempt first anyway, but he didn't. He left a note straight away.
So... He left that note that I could log into a site to make an appointment for a second attempt, or to choose a pickup point. Since we're both working tomorrow I prefer the latter.
The online system gives four options to pick up the package, Schiphol Airport 17 km one way drive is nearest, followed by Utrecht, Den Haag and Rotterdam. While there is a pick up point 200 meters from my home, in my own village...
Expect... The system is down now, so no one can tell for sure. And the representative couldn't help, because his system was down as well.

Sounds familiar. I gave up expecting couriers to get it right a long time ago.

Upvote 0

At least he didn't try to forge someone's signature and leave it. I had a UPS carrier do that.

Upvote 0
Vodafone
My contract with EE was up in August and I was set on getting the G4. EE couldn't supply me a decent deal so shopped around and Vodafone offered me a pretty good deal and I could apparently get signal where I live. Great. Phone arrived next day but SIM wasn't registered, fine OK, maybe it will take a day or so to register, keep using EE in the mean time. Couple days later still nothing so phoned up and they said they had no record of me! I confirmed I did infact have a phone and SIM of theirs, being the polite and upstanding citizen I am...they registered the SIM after about another day of waiting.
I then found out I didn't in fact have signal at home so phoned them up and said I needed to cancel and return (within the 14 days grace) they agreed and said they would send returns parcel. By this time they had taken the first payment.

Week later, no returns parcel, I phoned them chasing, customer services said they could see one requested and they would put me through to returns, returns said they have no record of it and it is now too late to arrange a return. After being bounced pillar to post between different departments, and every single one of them asking the same questions (name, first line of address, 1st and 3rd letter password blah blah blah) eventually someone agrees to send another parcel.

Above paragraph repeated 4 or 5 times and talking on-line with them too. Four phone bills later now "owing ~£120" (obviously cancelled direct debit as soon as problems started) and a good 3 or 4 hours wasted on them being thrown around to different departments and they still have not sent out the returns parcel and still billing me. I went onto the on-line chat with them so I could email the manuscript to myself. Told them if they don't cancel the bills owing (and fix records on credit report if they are affecting), reimburse for the first bill and take this God forsaken phone taken I would report them to Ofcom. They said they would send someone to my work to personally collect it Friday 4th...still waiting...I'm very close to the edge now...wooosaahhh

TL;DR Vodafone, Vodafone grind my gears, had an extremely bad experience with them

Upvote 0
Ugh. My son got mad playing a game of Madden and threw the controller.......at my new TV. Busted the screen.
a.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones