• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ravpower 10000mah battery pack?

LAM09

Lurker
Jan 30, 2014
I recently got one of these, but it's the original model. I tried charging my Nexus 7 2012 on the 2A port, but after three hours of charging; it was only 35% charged.

I want to know if this is the case with all of their battery packs, or is there something wrong with mine?

I have both 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7, and can tell you with certainty that 2012 model has a very finicky micro-usb connection. A lot of the time even with original wall charger I find it not charging because it wasn't making a good contact. They fixed it in 2013 with a better connection.

So, I would do some troubleshooting first. Try to see if you can use Nexus 7 original usb cable (assuming you have no issues with it from original wall charger) and make sure it makes a good connection with a power port. Also, I'm sure you have a smartphone or know someone who has a smartphone and try to use your RAVPower ext battery to charge it up. If it fails with different usb cables and different devices connected to it, than something is wrong with a battery. Otherwise, it could be a problem with a loose micro-usb connection or maybe a bad usb cable.

Upvote 0
I have both 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7, and can tell you with certainty that 2012 model has a very finicky micro-usb connection. A lot of the time even with original wall charger I find it not charging because it wasn't making a good contact. They fixed it in 2013 with a better connection.

So, I would do some troubleshooting first. Try to see if you can use Nexus 7 original usb cable (assuming you have no issues with it from original wall charger) and make sure it makes a good connection with a power port. Also, I'm sure you have a smartphone or know someone who has a smartphone and try to use your RAVPower ext battery to charge it up. If it fails with different usb cables and different devices connected to it, than something is wrong with a battery. Otherwise, it could be a problem with a loose micro-usb connection or maybe a bad usb cable.

My Nexus 7 is charging fine with the official USB and AC adapter, but it is charging slow when I connect it to the battery pack. I am not sure whether it has something to do with the charge the battery pack outputs, or is it faulty?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones