• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help RAZR I help

strangen

Lurker
Jan 20, 2014
Ok I bought a RAZR I from a guy locally. He claims it is new, only had it a few days and didn't like the camera button because he kept hitting it on accident.

I live in the USA, and after trying to find info on the phone, it seems to me that this is not a US phone.

I love the phone, it works well, and have been using it fine the last few days but the first phone call I made on it, I had complaints on the other end saying there was too much noise. So I called my home phone and realized that if I moved my fingers on my razr at all I could hear them moving. Seems like if I move my hand at all it makes a noise like your dragging your finger on the microphone however, I am clearly note doing that. I can't figure out how to turn the mic down or the gain down.

I've unlocked the bootloader and rooted my phone. Do you have any suggestions?

My system version is: 91.2.26001.xt890.Orange.en.GB

I am using this on AT&T in US, would the Orange.en.GB have anything to do with this problem, or is it an internal mic problem?

I was actually able to fix this issue. Somewhat...

I took the phone apart and everything seemed to look ok to me, nothing was exposed or touching outside edges of the phone, so I put it back together except for the bottom black piece that extends across the entire width of the phone and has the mic hole cut out in it.

Tried the phone, and no static or noise on the other end of the line as there was before. So I thought maybe something was just loose and I put the black piece back on and tried again, but the noise was back.

Put some electrical tape across mic hole, and put it back together and that seemed to help. So I am thinking either the mic gain is set too high, or something is missing on the black piece that should muffle the sound.

Either way it is tolerable and works a lot better now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones