• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receiving text hours after they are sent

Bruce3

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
I have verizon's samsung nexus and i sometimes receive texts hours sometimes 10-12 hours after they have been sent. My gf has texted me while i was sitting next to her and i'll receive the first couple but then the rest hours later. Has anyone else experienced this? If so is there a fix? Thanks!

I had this problem only when I was using Juice Defender- once I stopped it stopped. If you are using something similar, or if you are switching your data off etc, that would do it.

Sadly I had this nagging problem long before I installed Juice Defender or anything of the kind.

I will have problems occasionally from out of network texts. Alltel seems to be the worst.

The texts that seem to be taking the longest are in-network messages. It's really hit or miss: sometimes the messages are nearly instantaneous, sometimes they're delayed.

I'm really not sure there's a fix for this. :(

Upvote 0
Why would she text you while sitting next to you?? Talk! Make eye contact! :p

EYE CONTACT??? What is THAT? Oh yeah, wait: isn't that considered stalking now? :p

Talking? That's what Speech-to-Text is for! LOL

Naturally I'm j/k, I not THAT much of an introvert :)
But still: I'm glad I'm not the only one with this text delay problem... <--- Trying to stay on topic :D

Upvote 0
I had that issue last year with my Droid 3. I ended up calling Verizon Support and they reprogrammed my phone. I had to first hang up and call them back on a landline.

No delayed texts since.

Was it something Verizon did on their end? Did you have to reset your phone? We were texting eachother in the same room to see if the delay would happen. Its strange because were didnt have this problem when i was using a blackberry. Shes on Tmobile. I think i get all my text on time from other people tho. And no this isnt a case of "selective" text reading :p.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones