• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root recent htc sensation update

When you are rooted, the best thing to go by is to never update OTA's, most ROM's will have fixed versions of things, or will be running a whole new version of Android.

Most ROM's won't even let you check for an OTA, that said, some will allow for OTA's but NEVER download them when rooted, if the stock ROM isn't on your SD or Phone storage, this can brick your device.

Upvote 0
i see no positive performance difference. the phone now does act a little different. like all of a sudden i lose my phone dialer shortcut on the lockscreen, scrolling in the web browser kinda sucks now cus its soo sensitive not like before i would scroll and itll be controlled. now it jus scrolls rapidly. battery life looks the same (main reason why i did this update). some little features were added that i never noticed were there before like the mail app now has a "refresh when open" option that i never notice that will check ur email for you once you open the app ( was that there before?). thats all i can think of

i shouldve left it alone cus my phone was problem free on the version it came with (1.45). i jus downloaded the ruu and installed it becus im rooted then rerooted. didnt have to redo the s-off thing cus that didnt change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones