• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recovery Problems

I got my phone replaced by Telus, through a Express exchange program they have. They sent me out a replacement phone which they say it is a refurbished phone. Well I got it and there was no recovery with it. Every time I go into HBoot Recovery it says
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Now the phone is working but with my luck with phones I will need it at one point.
Is there anyway I can get this, I have the lastest update zip file on my computer and I have the RUU file for 2.2.1.
This phone has not been rooted because I just got it and I can not root the gingerbread as of my knowledge.

So what can I do?????

right now I need HTC one due to the fact I can not root the phone because I am on Gingerbread Software number 2.43.661.1. Once I can full root my phone I will be but I also want to make sure that the phone works fully before I root. The last phones I have had has had problem with proximity along with more. Also the last one they sent out to me was screwed up so I need to make sure it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones