• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Redemptive rEVOlution 1.8

With flashing the alpha burst theme on 1.8 you get the white/grey smooth sense battery that shows depletion every one % I'm guessing his response is for those that did not flash the alpha theme? I thought he used smooth sense icons on 1.8 no? I wouldn't know as I always flashed the alpha theme immediately after 1st boot upon flashing the ROM this was 1.5-1.8

Upvote 0
It is tough to judge battery in one day. I know I find myself messing around with it more when I first flash a new ROM or Theme. If I get 9 hours out of mine (stock Battery), I am happy. I have Exchange active sync and blue tooth running all day and can be on the phone for 2-2.5 hours during the day.

What I really like about this new Kernal is the charge speeds. I went from 23% to 50% in about 30 minutes. I do not like the stock sense rosie and am anxiously waiting for Alpha to be ported to 1.9. Someone else posted a link to Black and Bold themed Market, Pandora, Twitter and Facebook. They look great with this ROM.

Another user posted the animations with grey battery (looks cleaner than the green). It runs fast and smooth and I have not had any FC. Loving this ROM.

1200 downloads the first day... not too shabby!

Upvote 0
So far I'm liking 2.0 similiar to how I felt about 1.8 when it came out. There may be some theming things that I hope get supported eventually, but from what I can see with the time I've had with it so far, I like it more than 1.9. Something about 1.9 didn't "feel right" for me but this feels rock solid so far. If I discover something different I'll report on it but so far I'd say this baby is a GO!

Upvote 0
I agree. I reverted to stock smooth sense sync and gps icons in the noti bar. 2.0's red didn't match my theme tastes. This ROM/theme was made to be stealthy and dark I got it looking good!

e346c04a.jpg

Upvote 0
I agree. I reverted to stock smooth sense sync and gps icons in the noti bar. 2.0's red didn't match my theme tastes. This ROM/theme was made to be stealthy and dark I got it looking good!
How did you do that? I can't follow that thread any longer with all the mods and folks doing it. I just want the simple transitions (I like the flying one) and the icons you have below. I hate the + icon, it's stupid.

Upvote 0
You and your "dark" themes..LOL. It does look cool though.

:D

How did you do that? I can't follow that thread any longer with all the mods and folks doing it. I just want the simple transitions (I like the flying one) and the icons you have below. I hate the + icon, it's stupid.

That thread grows by leaps and bounds in a matter of minutes lol.

Click HERE. This will replace the little red RR sync icon and the red GPS icon in your notification bar. Back to regular smooth sense white circle sync icon and GPS with green waves.

EDIT: notice this will also revert any transitions you might have flashed (included in the Redemptive folder on your SD card from 2.0 flash) back to stock sense transitions. I don't know what will happen if you then flash any of the transitions after this....I haven't tried that yet, but I'm actually liking the stock transitions it is extremely smooth!

I use LauncherPro and those icons are "Black'UPS Darkness" from DeviantArt. I tweaked them a lot though in GIMP. I'd be glad to send you the icons I tweaked in an email feel free to PM me ;)

There seems to be an aversion on XDA from people (Android purists maybe :p) using LauncherPro. I don't know why, but it's much more practical.

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
Agreed on LauncherPro. After using SkyRaider Sense, I stopped using it for a while, but I really like having a personalized appearance on the phone. When I installed 1.9 it was just waaaaay too stock Sense for me, so I went back to LP. Man, I've missed it! The widgets are getting better and better, too. The only thing left that I really want to mess with is the notification bar, and the original post makes that sound like a bad idea...

Upvote 0
I use LauncherPro and those icons are "Black'UPS Darkness" from DeviantArt. I tweaked them a lot though in GIMP. I'd be glad to send you the icons I tweaked in an email feel free to PM me ;)

There seems to be an aversion on XDA from people (Android purists maybe :p) using LauncherPro. I don't know why, but it's much more practical.

I will, thanks. I used to use ADW for a long time and really liked it. Then I went to SR and ihtfp69 made rosie mods so I could launch Dolphin or Handcent and I bailed on ADW. So I have no qualms in using LP again. Now I'm using MIUI where I can drop whatever icons I want onto the taskbar without flashing anything. Anyway, to make a long story short I'll send you my email for your icons, they are very slick.

If you use LP, do you lose the flying transition?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones