• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Redistribution of space?

aalangley6

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
I recently got a NC (1.4.1) for Christmas and while I'm not ungrateful, I honestly don't see the point in tablets (they're just expensive toys that are neither as efficient as a laptop nor as mobile as an ipod touch or smartphone!) however, I can't return it so I'm trying to get as much use out of it as possible.

I don't read THAT many books and I honestly don't care about many apps (again, I'm not ungrateful, I just got a very expensive present that I don't have much use for). I don't mind it for browsing the web and I'd love to transfer some movies and music to it from my computer but it has this irritating space distribution that only gives me 1gb of room while another 14gb's sit around untouched.

Is there anyway to change this without rooting it (other than buying an SD card) and for that matter, would rooting it solve this?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones