Refusing To ChargeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MzCran

MzCran New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Brand new here, I'm not real tech savvy so if you respond, please talk to me like I'm an idiot so I get it...:D
    I've had my Droid Eris since May - randomly it refuses to charge. Have had it plugged in all day, or overnight, and woken up with it not starting at all or the red battery picture yelling at me to charge it. It's not my outlet. I've taken the battery out and put it back in. It's currently plugged in to my PC as a last resort but it's doing nothing (do I do more than just....plug it into the PC?). Any suggestions before I head down to the VZ Wireless store??
    Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. hankinson

hankinson New Member

My friend and I both got an Eris at the same Tim and her phone wouldn't charge as soon as she got it we didnt know why and verizon just sent her a new one because she was in the first 30 days. 3 weeks. Later my phone refused to charge and it wasnt the outlet because I tried multiple outlets. I eventually called verizon ans they told me it was my port and my phone had to be replaced but since it was in the first 30 days I didnt have to pay. During the call they told me my insurance would not have covered it over 30 days because it doesnt cover the port. There's no fix for the port so you will need to buy a new phone outright.

3. hankinson

hankinson New Member

Also the vz store will check the port in the store to see if it is active.

4. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

Last time I checked the warranty on a new phone is 1 year, not 30 days. Many people here have had their phone since its release last November, and I don't think I have ever heard of anyone not getting a replacement for a hardware defect. After 30 days they will more than likely send you a refurbished phone, not a new one, but they WILL replace it.

5. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Maybe a bad battery.

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different USB cable? They do go bad and I'm assuming your using the same cable to charge via wall outlet and PC.

7. MzCran

MzCran New Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't try a different USB cable. It's only a couple months old, I'm just surprised I'm having this issue. It's not the first time but before it would finally just kick in and I'd get a green light that it was charging. Guess I'll head down to the store today and see what they have to say...thanks everyone!

8. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

If they give you a hard time, call 611 and complain there. They sent me a new (refurb) phone when I simply stated my problem and what I had done to try to fix it.

9. Denny4530

Denny4530 Member

I would try a different cable first. Any mini-USB cable will work. Also try a car charger to see if the problem is with the phone or cable.

10. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

Had this issue. Verizon tried to replace the battery, but that didn't work so they changed out the phone. Said it was a faulty charger port. The folks at the local Verizon store gave me no trouble about it.

11. sugarfree

sugarfree Member

I have had a couple issues with car chargers not doing the job, but the home charger is a no fail (knock on wood).