• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date ? (BBY Xoom page active as of 2/20)

Advertised? My BB said they were 99% sure they would price match.

It's a little bit different, because the 600 dollar price comes with the 2 year agreement, and from I saw in our employee news, we will not be doing the subsidized pricing.

We would price match if the circumstances were the same though, but there isn't currently a way in our system to package out and sell it with a 2 year agreement. Verizon has not authorized us to.

And to be honest, I really think the 599.99 price was a last minute thing with verizon, it never showed in our system or trainings about anything subsidized.

Verizon is really blowing this and the thunderbolts launch =/

Reactions: gobluejd
Upvote 0
It's a little bit different, because the 600 dollar price comes with the 2 year agreement, and from I saw in our employee news, we will not be doing the subsidized pricing.

We would price match if the circumstances were the same though, but there isn't currently a way in our system to package out and sell it with a 2 year agreement. Verizon has not authorized us to.

And to be honest, I really think the 599.99 price was a last minute thing with verizon, it never showed in our system or trainings about anything subsidized.

Verizon is really blowing this and the thunderbolts launch =/

Aookay, any chance that Best Buy will follow Verizon and drop the activation and first month data requirement?

What would we need to do to get this "price match"?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I went to my VZW store this morning and got mine. Not waiting on bby to get their act together. I'll go later and cancel my pre-order with them so they can sell it to someone else. But, I had to have a month of service and an activation fee at VZW to buy it off contract.

Got my call from BB. Said they got an email this AM and will not be price matching VZW. :(

Called local VZW and they have plenty. Getting in about an hr.

Will use all my BB rewards and gift cards for the accessories at BB.

Upvote 0
I went to my VZW store this morning and got mine. Not waiting on bby to get their act together. I'll go later and cancel my pre-order with them so they can sell it to someone else. But, I had to have a month of service and an activation fee at VZW to buy it off contract.

Same here. Went to the VZW store and was the only person there at 9:00. I did a 10 minute hands-on with the demo model then bought it and the portfolio case. I'll call BB later to cancel the pre-order.

There wasn't anyone else there for the Xoom, but the store manager was on the phone with a guy, walking him through the Xoom, for the entire time I was there, and reserved one for him over the phone. I was impressed was the manager's knowledge about the device and its capabilities.

Upvote 0
Yea, I got to my store a few minutes after they opened and there were a bunch of people in there, but, no one for the Xoom. While he was setting mine up someone called in to ask if they had any. But no one else bought one while I was there. Screw BBY. I checked my voicemail at home and they still haven't called. I'm not amused with them at all on this. VZW was great and I had no problems at all. It's sitting here next to me charging at the moment. I got the portfolio and silicone cases so I can switch back and forth depending on what I need. For vacation, portfolio for sure. So far, I *LOVE* the Xoom!

Upvote 0
Yea, I got to my store a few minutes after they opened and there were a bunch of people in there, but, no one for the Xoom. While he was setting mine up someone called in to ask if they had any. But no one else bought one while I was there. Screw BBY. I checked my voicemail at home and they still haven't called. I'm not amused with them at all on this. VZW was great and I had no problems at all. It's sitting here next to me charging at the moment. I got the portfolio and silicone cases so I can switch back and forth depending on what I need. For vacation, portfolio for sure. So far, I *LOVE* the Xoom!

BB hasn't called me yet...eff them....im not going to even bother to cancel my pre-order, why should I call them and when they can't seem to call me, I'll use the 50 dollar gift card for blu rays or something

on the other hand....vzw was awesome, now i know why i never use BB for anything.

Upvote 0
BB hasn't called me yet...eff them....im not going to even bother to cancel my pre-order, why should I call them and when they can't seem to call me, I'll use the 50 dollar gift card for blu rays or something

on the other hand....vzw was awesome, now i know why i never use BB for anything.

I'm in the exact same position. I just checked my voicemail again, and no call. Screw them. I'm gonna stop in after work and get the dock with the 50 dollar gift card. VZW was a great experience this morning and I even got the guy to put the screen protector on for me. (I *SUCK* at that!). I am absolutely LOVING this thing! The weather channel tablet app is really sweet, too! Can't wait to see more tablet specific apps show up. Gotta put Angry Birds on here, as well. Trillian is being a pain and not connecting to the Astra server, though. That's starting to annoy me but that's not the Xoom's fault. SOOOOO happy now. Happy b-day to me! :D

Upvote 0
no big deal to me. i paid the full price and had no issues.. well 'cept the mobile guy didnt know how to ring up the thing..

so for 970 dollars i got:

10gb plan
the buy back is NOT free but i got it for 30 bux
the 1 yr black tie at 130.00
activation fee was not due so didnt have to pay. its on the following bill.

im happy as heck.... :)

Me too. On it now :)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I'm in the exact same position. I just checked my voicemail again, and no call. Screw them. I'm gonna stop in after work and get the dock with the 50 dollar gift card. VZW was a great experience this morning and I even got the guy to put the screen protector on for me. (I *SUCK* at that!). I am absolutely LOVING this thing! The weather channel tablet app is really sweet, too! Can't wait to see more tablet specific apps show up. Gotta put Angry Birds on here, as well. Trillian is being a pain and not connecting to the Astra server, though. That's starting to annoy me but that's not the Xoom's fault. SOOOOO happy now. Happy b-day to me! :D

do you mean weatherbug? i didn't see a weather channel app....link?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones