• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If you are talking about the pic of the Verizon CEO showing the phone, he is covering the UI with the apps list screen. I assume that was done to hide the UI until it is released, just like there are no leaks showing the qwerty either. In any case, there's always the home apps that can be used to customize it.

Here's to hoping you're right!

I've been checking for updates on this damn phone for nearly a year!!!!
I want it already!

Upvote 0
I'm not getting my hopes up anymore on this phone.

My buddy who works the dev center at VZW told me yesterday the launch date is late october...worse case scenario early november. He's on a NDA obviously, so can't elaborate further than the info on the web is coming from a leak....so is as accurate of info as they are privy to.

So... /shrug

Upvote 0
I'm not getting my hopes up anymore on this phone.

My buddy who works the dev center at VZW told me yesterday the launch date is late october...worse case scenario early november. He's on a NDA obviously, so can't elaborate further than the info on the web is coming from a leak....so is as accurate of info as they are privy to.

So... /shrug
Late October and before Black friday is what we have been hearing. So that sounds good to me. I am ready to buy.

Upvote 0
This is really starting to get old! They keep saying "Soon, soon!" and they won't even officially acknowledge the fact that the phone exists! =( Just announce it and release it at the end of the month.. something..

They acknowledged the phone...they were tweeting about the phone last night. So by them saying the Sholes is "coming very, very soon"...would be an official acknowlegement...would it not?

Upvote 0
They acknowledged the phone...they were tweeting about the phone last night. So by them saying the Sholes is "coming very, very soon"...would be an official acknowlegement...would it not?

Hardly... they didn't say the exact phone. I mean the information about the phone has been out there for weeks.. it's pretty futile for them to continue saying "Teehee, something is coming soon! C: " It's damn near torture!

Upvote 0
Hardly... they didn't say the exact phone. I mean the information about the phone has been out there for weeks.. it's pretty futile for them to continue saying "Teehee, something is coming soon! C: " It's damn near torture!

But....they did.

Did you read the tweets?
Someone asked explicitly, When was the Droid coming out, and they replied, The phone will be released very, very soon.

So they were directly referring to the phone that was in question, not just "any" android phone.

Upvote 0
come on! you know it's verizon! they never tell you anything! they always always always say "SOON" "SOON" "SOON"!

After 8 years with them I had enough, and left in september. been with sprint since then, and love it! everything is the same if not better coverage wise, plus I save around $50 a month over VZW.

Did i mention I love my HERO?

Chris S

Upvote 0
But....they did.

Did you read the tweets?
Someone asked explicitly, When was the Droid coming out, and they replied, The phone will be released very, very soon.

So they were directly referring to the phone that was in question, not just "any" android phone.

So it seems.

But regardless, a puny tweet or whatever is a dismal announcement. They had two chances in the past 2 months to make a major announcement, even while we had all the information about the phone, and they still won't say anything.

And as to Sprint... my friend can barely ever get his text messages to come in or go out properly. I've found the same with TMo when I was with them for a short time.

Upvote 0
The sholes will be worth it. Just 15 days away now.

I don't expect anything official until possibly next week. With this being the first Android phone, they have to make sure training is complete before they start officially answering questions.

/agree

Smartphones, and I'm not referring to BB's or WinMo's, are really just kicking off. The reps will need some hands-on time with a real mobile device to answer more in-depth questions than "Can I get the internets on this?" :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones