• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remember to backup before you upgrade

When I run the Sideload Wonder Machine a CMD DOS screen opens and has a space where your phone is supposed to show up (once it is recognized) then you hit a key to continue. Well I get an error because my phone does not show up on the CMD (black screen with white writing screen)
My bad, seems like you also need to install the Android SDK too for it to work as it uses adb.

Upvote 0
Doesn't ask you to choose :thinking:

It doesn't. The loader.bat file runs an adb to get the device id which doesn't seem to play nice with AT&T phones (or at least, their device ID's). I was (un?)lucky enough to get it to work once & I installed my HTC keyboard with it not knowing that I'd be unable to make it work again.

Broken SWM leads to frustration. :mad: Frustration leads to debranding. :eek: Debranding leads to the dark side :cool:...no wait. Debranding leads to the happy dance, as far as AT&T phones are concerned. :p

I will only try to do modding/updating on a 32bit system in the future. 64bit seems to add a whole new layer of obstacles to tweeking the X10.

EDIT: Good lord! 8 posts as I typed this. Need to type faster I guess.

Upvote 0
It's the Android SDK that needs to be installed too. And I run Windows 7 x64 Pro and the only issue I encountered was the Java one, which is easily sorted.
With the DSK installed, I only saw a device ID once. I remeber that I installed SE PC Companion on both pc's after that & never saw a device ID again even after uninstalling & reinstalling the SDK. Seemed that my SDK drivers were changed when I loaded Companion but haven't had time to prove/disprove it.

I plan on spending a lot of time getting things figured out on my pc side soon as holidays are over. I need to get it working on my home pc but have no time for troubleshooting & testing.

Be prepared for a rash of Win7 questions in January! :D

Upvote 0
this is going to be a a pain in the arse tho. u will also have to redo the contact pics and facebook links, apps reinstall, bluetooth pairing, wifi codes, ringer setting, handcent settings, alarm settings.....etc etc etc etc. to name but a few!!

But i want the 720p hd recording and some of the 2.1 apps and move to SD! it will take me around 6hrs to reinstall and rejig my x10i desktop!

Ah well, at least i dont really have to "work" in my place of employment!! lol

If you use Backup & Restore app it will do all system settings (alarm etc) and contact pics during the restore process

that should save you a bit of time

Upvote 0
With the DSK installed, I only saw a device ID once. I remeber that I installed SE PC Companion on both pc's after that & never saw a device ID again even after uninstalling & reinstalling the SDK.
The key to the device i.d is running SEUS, but when you run it you do need to put your phone into flash mode and connect for it to install the drivers, because if you don't the device i.d you see won't be for the phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks to your posting of the SuperOneClick I'm pretty confident we will be able to, which hopefully will be confirmed tomorrow.

Not read all the way through this thread but the X10 could not be rooted via a one click app before the phone was hacked over on XDA and after that I'm guessing that method was ported in to the one click apps.

So with 2.1 I doubt the one click apps will work on the X10 till the devs have cracked it. :)

Upvote 0
Not read all the way through this thread but the X10 could not be rooted via a one click app before the phone was hacked over on XDA
It doesn't need to be "hacked" any more due to the two or three "one click" apps that can be run on any X10 FW now. For example, using the 5 step debrand method then running SEUS gives you an untouched FW, but the one click apps work on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones