• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove Yahoo Ringtones?

style0683

Lurker
Jul 27, 2023
How do I stop yahoo ringtones from showing up permanently on my note 20 ultra?
I delete it from my music list, delete notification folders and it comes back in twice as many places.
I spend up to 2 or 3. Hours at a time several times everyday delete it.
I want my memory back it takes up. HELP HELP HELP

How do I stop yahoo ringtones from showing up permanently on my note 20 ultra?
I delete it from my music list, delete notification folders and it comes back in twice as many places.
I spend up to 2 or 3. Hours at a time several times everyday delete it.
I want my memory back it takes up. HELP HELP HELP
you have note 20 ultra and you are complaining about memory? how much stuff do you have? the smallest storage size is 128gigs......that should be more than enough room for whatever.

Upvote 0
Are you using a music app that came with your Note20 Ultra, or did you install and use a third-party music app?
I have a Note20 Ultra myself, and the only music app it came with was QQ Music, which is streaming.

You'll see it in your music app or ringtones when Yahoo Mail updates or you download the app for the first time.

I suggest the problem is really with the whatever it is music app you're using, in that it doesn't know the difference between real music and ringtone files. Some music apps do scan the entire phone storage looking for and indexing every audio file it finds, including scanning any "ringtone" folders.
On my Note20 Ultra I use Foobar2000 as my music player. With this app I can specify where the my music is stored, e.g. the "music" folder, and it will NOT look anywhere else, and will not play ringtones.

You could try inserting a .NOMEDIA tag file in whereever the Yahoo Ringtones are stored.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I believe what is being asked; is how to stop yahoo from reinstalling alert tones for email after you have uninstalled them. Yahoo has about 15 different alert tones you can choose to use, if you wish, or non at all. If you uninstall them, the next time you open Yahoo email, the tones automatically reinstall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones