• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing/disconnecting the battery on wildfire after installing the 2.2 (froyo) update

blackepoxy

Android Expert
Jan 14, 2011
Dirty South, Louisiana
I have read in other posts that if you remove/disconnect the battery from the wildfire after installing the 2.2 (froyo) it will "turn your phone into a sexy looking paperweight." in other words brick/render your device useless.
Is this true?
Has anyone else had experience with this?
Please, say it ain't so! I have already ordered two replacement batteries and a usb/wall socket charger for the wildfire so i can use one battery while i charge the other without the phone,and then swap out my low battery for a fully charged one.
With all these issues and major problems i am reading about after installing 2.2 (froyo) on the wildfire i am seriously thinking about not even getting it, (the update) guess i will just have to live with not being able to install apps to the sd card.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones