• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing Facebook contacts from S4 contacts

hey guys,
I just bought my new S4 yesterday and am loving it so far.

I synced over my media files and contacts from my Mac through Easy Phone Sync and for soe reason it added all of my Facebook friends to my contacts (which I don't want on there).

I tried a few settings in Facebook and the contacts settings but javen't been able to remove the FB ones and leave the contacts I had in my phone previously.

I had tried what someone had said in a video for the S2 and S3 (and someone in the comments claimed it worked for their S4, but it didn't work for me).

Delete or Remove Facebook Contacts from Phone - Samsung Galaxy S 2 - YouTube

I just tried re-syncing to see if I had missed an option to remove this initially, but I didn't see anything to allow me to turn that off.

Any ideas how to do this?

Go into your settings menu. Look for the Application Manager and then find FB. Select it and clear the cache and force stop it. The next time you launch FB it should prompt you for your user name and password. After you log in the next screen you will see is the Sync All or Do Not Sync Options. Select the Do not sync and you will no longer see FB Contacts in your Contacts list.

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones