• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement battery

DroidRick

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Canada
This is specifically for the SGS.
I realize everyone's use of their phone is different, but what would be the average lifetime of an SGS battery?
Are we talking one, two, three years?

My battery now when charged, drops from a showing to 100% to 97% when I simply disconnect it from the USB cable.

TIA

This is specifically for the SGS.
I realize everyone's use of their phone is different, but what would be the average lifetime of an SGS battery?
Are we talking one, two, three years?

My battery now when charged, drops from a showing to 100% to 97% when I simply disconnect it from the USB cable.

TIA

My SGS is 1.5 yrs old and still I get the same performance with the battery.

There seems a bug / something by design in SGS , when you connect charger and it charges upto 100%, the charging is stopped at all with no trickle charge. The firmware keeps showing 100% but battery starts draining, the firmware only refreshes the battery %age when you remove the charger.

This is something to get used to, it is not a problem with battery.

Reactions: DroidRick
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones