• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement Droid - Yellow tint to screen???

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
I got my replacement Droid the other day.
Here is how I "saw yellow"...
I wear sunglasses and they are polarized. All of the sudden the screen through the glasses looked as if it had a yellow tint during navigation (lots of white on non satellite map). As I have been looking closer (without the glasses) and it does look light a slight yellow tint.

So - Either it's in my head when I look at it without glasses and I don't see yellow OR they changed the screens recently and there is a slight tint.

IDK if any of this makes sense, but considering that I wear the same glasses every day and use the Droid every day, it's not coincidence that I am seeing this yellow. I didn't get the replacement and LOOK for issues.

Any insight? I can always ask for another one, but here we go with rooting again, lol.
Thanks
Nick

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones