• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report the $10 fee to Sprint

yea, but you don't keep paying mercedes to use your car.

$10 per month for 24 months is $240...on top of what the phone's price. if i were to buy this phone and pay full price upfront, would they be able to waive the $10 charge? would paying for the phone in full upfront make me eligible for this, even if i'm a new customer to sprint?

it's a very biased "tax".

Upvote 0
I am really tired of hearing about the $10 charge. How else are they going to pay for building up the 4G network. Sprint takes a 18% profit margin, compared to Att and Verizons 40 sum percent. Think about the difference between PS3's and Xbox. I have a PS3 but Xbox's features and support blow it out the water, Why paid service vs. free service (Xbox wins). I don't like the charges but I understand why, and will pay for it. Everybody that wants to complain, pick another phone, the $10 a month charge problem will be solved. You just wont have an EVO.

Upvote 0
Dear GiftedPlacebo,

Its not really for 4G but a way to tax you for having a new phone. We will tax everyone else who gets this phone even though they don't have 4G service (thus not really a fee for 4G). We stated it would be free, however we lied, so sue us. But if we have enough people swallowing our BS, why not!? You are foolish enough and thus we thank you for your service.

Yours truly,

SPRINT

Dear Sprint,

I think someone hacked your email account.

Regards,
GiftedPlacebo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones