• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Request for flashable stock zip

I am a Mac user and have no access to a windows computer. I enjoyed CM however until it's more stable I want to return to stock. I tried using virtual box to use the LG tool but it wouldn't detect my phone. I was wondering if someone could help me circumvent this process by uploading a flushable stock zip or backup. Apparently my stock backup wasnt done correctly because when I flashed it; my WiFi doesn't work/detect/scan. I know I did everything correctly ( I've been playing with ROMs and such for years) however I may haven't. I saw others had this problem as well. I understand turning the kdz into a flash able zip is a daunting task, however I really appreciate it and think it would be useful for others as well. I'm on metro PCs. To the community, thank you. To the developers, really hats off to you guys. I appreciate all your hard work. You guys make me love android even more.

I am a Mac user and have no access to a windows computer. I enjoyed CM however until it's more stable I want to return to stock. I tried using virtual box to use the LG tool but it wouldn't detect my phone. I was wondering if someone could help me circumvent this process by uploading a flushable stock zip or backup. Apparently my stock backup wasnt done correctly because when I flashed it; my WiFi doesn't work/detect/scan. I know I did everything correctly ( I've been playing with ROMs and such for years) however I may haven't. I saw others had this problem as well. I understand turning the kdz into a flash able zip is a daunting task, however I really appreciate it and think it would be useful for others as well. I'm on metro PCs. To the community, thank you. To the developers, really hats off to you guys. I appreciate all your hard work. You guys make me love android even more.

Google lg universal driver. Install it on virtual box, then try again.
The task with making a stock flashable zip is getting the symlinks right or it won't boot. I may take on the task where a vet has left off (@chevanlol360), but for me cm is completely stable. I've had few problems with it. I will build a new kernel tomorrow to help with stability issues, however it will not reduce reboots due to gps. It will only reduce heat and ramping problems. For GPS reboots you need to access privacy manager (settings>privacy) and assign offending app the "always ask" permission for location access.
For these reasons alone I have taken my time to understand the basics of kernel building so I may better assist the community. Cm12, despite its few bugs is worlds better than stock ROM based on performance and battery life.
Sincerely, bichofelix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys I had a baby literally just now. So I may not get around to finishing for a few days, everything went well (its a boy) but if someone else wants to build I can tell you exactly what to change. (Kernel from unjusts repo should fix video as well.) All you have to do is clone and build.
Congrats!!:) glad it went well!!i would build it but i lack the knowhow and a pc.but hopefully someone can pick it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones