• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Resize Widget

komobu

Feb 18, 2012
So I recently switched over from an iPhone, and I like the android os so much better!

Tonight I discovered how to put a direct dialer on my home screen. The widget is one by one. That is ok for the initial click. Now it is a folder and when clicked it has six icons for who I call the most. These icons are also one by one, but I would rather have them resized to 1.5 bu 1.5 or even 2 by 2. This would be much easier on my 50 year old eyes! Is this possible?

so in other words I click my direct dial folder from my home screen, and when it opens, all the icons inside of it are 2 by 2.

I am using Nova Launcher Prime if it matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

So I recently switched over from an iPhone, and I like the android os so much better!

Tonight I discovered how to put a direct dialer on my home screen. The widget is one by one. That is ok for the initial click. Now it is a folder and when clicked it has six icons for who I call the most. These icons are also one by one, but I would rather have them resized to 1.5 bu 1.5 or even 2 by 2. This would be much easier on my 50 year old eyes! Is this possible?

so in other words I click my direct dial folder from my home screen, and when it opens, all the icons inside of it are 2 by 2.

I am using Nova Launcher Prime if it matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't use the stock widget for direct dial. In general, you can long press on the widget and you can stretch it out. But there is a Galaxy 4S stock widget called "Favorites Contact" that's larger. You could try that. Or you can try Pixelphone Pro (there is a paid and a free version). The Favorites widget is much larger. When you open it, you get 4X3 grid that fills up the entire screen (you can scroll down for 6 more).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones