• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restoring messages from Kies

MSoud

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
Australia
Hello everyone! I just did a hard reset on my phone and I've managed to back up everything on the phone so that I could restore it. Everything has been restored as I hoped, except for messages.

I managed to get Samsung Kies to work for my Samsung Galaxy S [if you need help getting it to work I may be able to help you] and I created a back up of my Contacts, Calendar, Memos and Messages. The first three have worked perfectly and I have been able to transfer the saved data from Kies back onto the phone.

Unfortunately, messages cannot be transferred. I have the .SME file but there is no option on Kies to transfer the messages to the phone. Is there no way to do this? My messages are really important and I need them on my phone.

Thank you sooo much for any help you can render in advance!

P.S. If you need help fixing Samsung Kies, just leave a reply or Private Message me, whatever you like.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones