• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

retrieve text messages (to save) from former phone?

vagardengal

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
I just activated a new Droid after my first Droid malfunctioned (broken screen). I just realized I'd like to save some text messages.
I read about the option to download SMS Back-up and Restore, but I am on the new phone now. Any option to retrieve my text messages from the other phone without messing with activation again?
I have VW if that helps.

TIA.

You won't have to reactivate anything if you turn on your old phone and use wifi, make sure whatever backup app you want to use is on both phones. Back up on the old phone, then open the app on your new phone and restore (that's if you're using the cloud, otherwise backup to sd card on the old phone, and insert the card in the new phone and restore). I use mybackup pro, I'm not sure about the one you refer to, but I'm sure it's all the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones