Retro Gaming

1. Ichapp

Ichapp Well-Known Member

What are some of the games you guys are nostalgic about? What legacy games do you still play or wish you could?

A few of mine are Star Trek: Elite Force, Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace, SimAnt, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Alpha Centauri, NHL 99, Worms Armageddon, and Master of Orion. They're all older PC games, as I have never owned any console or handheld.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

SimAnt was an awesome game!

I grew up playing a lot of the old Lucasarts titles. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Outlaws, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...all great titles.
  3. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Mario, Tomb Raider, Oni, Wolfenstein, Tony Hawk's, Halo: CE, Worms, Pokemon, Harry Potter 1 for the GBA, Planet Monsters(or something, GBA).

Played Oni again a while back for the first time in about 10 years. Epic game.
  4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I was expecting to hear way older stuff like pong!

My favorite really old games are joust and bubble bobble. I wish they'd release more bubble bobble games. They keep adding to the PUZZLE bobble franchise, but bubble bobbly hasn't received any love for a good while :(
  5. Ichapp

Ichapp Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I wasn't around back when stuff like Pong was huge. I'm not quite that old. :p
  6. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I still play Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past and Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars till this day and never get bored with them. Two SNES classics. Glad i still have my SNES. :)
  7. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

If you want to go way back, some Commodore 64 games like Turrican 2, California Games or KungFu

Better yet, bugging your mom to take you to the arcade room for some Pole Position, Centepede, Q*bert, Galaga, moon patrol or dig dug.

Now that's some throwback for ya

Ha HA I remember when Dragon's Lair first came on to the scene. We thought that was the new era of gaming.
  8. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Goldeneye for the N64. It not that old but it a game that you can play forever in multiplayer
  9. w01f432

w01f432 New Member

conker's bad fur day (nintendo64), perfect dark (nintendo64), legend of dragoon (playstation), diablo (pc\mac\playstation), pitfall (atari2600), dig dug (atari2600),
    ##
    lol i still use amiga
  10. sammy25

sammy25 New Member

I was a massive fan of Worms as a kid, as well as Commander Keen! (Now that goes way back!) Now I'm more of a fan of more enhanced MMORPGs (Drakensang Online etc.) though and don't play the retro games so much... sorry Commander Keen!
  11. PR0M0D.H0F0

PR0M0D.H0F0 Member

street fighter (super nintendo SNES)
  12. ArcliteSystems

ArcliteSystems Active Member

Give a to the best ever pac man game made for android.
    PAC Droid HD
    http://slideme.org/application/pac-droid
  13. Clangador

Clangador Member

I still play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Now that's retro gaming!
  14. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Bubble Bobble - Play the Nintendo game Bubble Bobble online

As far as the retro games I remember, I was kind of partial to Military Madness, NBA Jams, Cyberball 2072.
  15. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Jet set willy , Frogger, Dizzy, Rock n rope etc
  16. onestreet

onestreet New Member

umm, let's see. I feel nostalgic when it comes to the original supersmash bros. ; bubble bobble 2, or was it bubble hero? ; and has anyone heard of Mr. Driller?
  17. Shinji01

Shinji01 Well-Known Member

Mr driller!
    I used to play that with my girl friend when we were of date back n high school !
    Great memories....

I I like how the game campaniles are releasing retro games as phone apps.
    After all, a smartphone today is about all you need to play games released several decades ago, and many people who played those games don't own game consoles anymore...
  18. akintoh

akintoh Active Member

harvest moon :D
  19. Lemoncog

Lemoncog Active Member

I don't think I'm very old but the OPs listed retro games don't seem retro.

The oldish game I have the fondest memory of is probably Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the N64. I played that forever.
  20. AccelArlene

AccelArlene Member

Have any of you tried Orbwink Wars Lite (android market)? As disclosure, I am the developer of the game and I wanted to give the player the feel of playing a retro game on the android mobile phone. I sure would like to know if you think it fits the retro definition.
  21. Rudedawg

Have to be careful how I pronounce that ;) Giving it a try now.

Feedback: For me , and it may be my phone only but I couldnt access Media volume controls once in this app. I had to switch to a different app to change then flip back to yours.
    Its a very simple Galaga/asteroid/space invader clone. It works but a little slow for me due to the software you use to make the game I suppose but If this is an early app for you well done.
    AccelArlene likes this.
  22. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

There's so many games I'm nostalgic about. I recently bought an old N64 off Ebay so I could play some of them. Some of my favorites are Goldeneye 007, Donkey Kong Country, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Starfox, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Super Bomberman 2, and Counter Strike 1.6. I could keep going on forever, retro games are the best games.
  23. AccelArlene

AccelArlene Member

Thank you, I very much appreciate your honest feedback. I will look into the volume issue. Also, there are a number of ways I could speed up the game and I will take a look at ufo descent times, bullets and death ray timing and overall speed. Orbwink Wars Lite is my second game. Thanks again!
    Rudedawg likes this.
  24. Rudedawg

Excellent. My only real niggles covered. Maybe a speed control interface in the options and the volume issue, if thats related to the apps coding I dont know but thanks for looking. Good luck :)