• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RFS & Ext2 Rom's Recovery's & Kernel's

First off, I want say thanks @koush & @leshak

All in one Recovery for the Behold 2! Supports RFS & EXT2 ( working on Ext4 ) with support to switch back & forth on the fly between partitions at will
laugh.png

To install you Must ODIN or extract the recovery and dd with this method
Download >
http://eb-productions.proboards.com...lay&board=b2d&thread=213&page=1#ixzz1AghBkqhD
*v.02*
~ ODIN Create Options in advance
~ Supports Both RFS & EXT Back-up & Restore options now.
~ Can Be used with any Kernel Option's & Rom options
~ Option for Removing /data/userinit.sh from Data now.
~ Screen Shots Below
~ BML_unlock in Advance for both Kernel & Recovery
~ Now can flash any Kernel / Recovery from Advance menu ( Must place kernel / recovery on the root of sdcard )
~ Changed boot logo
~ Fixed a few issue in recovery menu's
~ misc tweaks & fixes regarding scripts

~ Flashing Kernel & Recovery's
- The File's must be placed on the root of the SDcard. ( kernel / recovery ) No Caps at all.
- You must run Unlock kernel / recovery before you flash
- Unlock only needs ran once, once unlocked it stays unlocked!

~ Known issue's
You must convert /system to ext2 before flashing a new rom... after which you can convert back to RFS with backup! This issue is due to RFS and RFS support is being dropped!
RFS is only Supported in the Recovery for First time Flasher's

new3.png
new2.png

new.png

Reactions: j0hnh0lmes
Upvote 0
So the question is......

Where did you put the cookie cutter roms ?

Are these coming out as update.zip's ?
Are they just "kernel" image files with all the (/data, /system, etc. setup inside ? )

And just so I'm clear on this....you're saying I should "nandroid rfs" the OS image I've got on the phone now, then convert to EXT2, then ( once the roms are posted ) flash using these will be possible ?

Upvote 0
I know this might be asking for much but can you please zip the files. I flashed the new recovery and whenever I booted the recovery it would freeze upon loading. When I load Android it's fine and runs perfectly with root and everything. So reflashed an old recovery and it works perfectly right now. I am going to try and redownload it today to make sure it wasn't a curropt file but winrar has a crc check built in with zip and rar files but not tar's. It's probably not the file that caused the issue but I would like to take that issue off the table.

Upvote 0
Do not nandroid. Just use the option for converting to rfs/ext. It basically uses a backup already done by BH_MAN.

What your saying is flash the new recovery, and then convert the rfs to ext2, and will my phone still work with my old rfs warheads rom that I have on the phone now after converting. What about the backup option are you saying don't make a backup because theirs already a backup once you flash the new recovery and how will I go back to my warheads rom if the converting won't let me boot into the warheads rom. Sorry for all the questions theirs not enough info about what to do once you put the new recovery on the phone.

Upvote 0
No, there is only a backup of ext/rfs file system. (When you convert from rfs to ext or back it basically just pulls the backup files for that file system, ect. This is what I'm gathering from Eugenes posts. For more details please post on his forum.) Any other backups need to be made by you. If your using an older rom then you have to convert to rfs file system. Older roms only use the rfs file system (sock file system on the behold 2).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones