Right ClickSupport

Last Updated: 2011-10-21 10:38:21
  1. jattmann

jattmann Member

Does anyone know what the equivilant to a right click is when browsing thr internet is?

Advertisement
  2. Pencheven

Pencheven Active Member

Best bet would be to tell us what your trying to do?

You can long press (hold down on the screen) most applications for extra options such as selecting text, cut/copy/paste ect which is what I would consider the closest option of "right click"
  3. jattmann

jattmann Member

for example on beemp3.com to save an mp3 on the computer you usually have to right click then do 'save as', but i cannot access this feature on the HTC HD.
  4. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

Have you tried holding down your thumb over the link until the context menu pops out?
  5. jattmann

jattmann Member

yeah i tried that but it didn't give me any 'save as' opition, only the standard opitions.
  6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Try long clicking the link, and open in a new window!
  7. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

It'll automatically save it to your SD card in downloads if it's anything like the Desire - you don't need to tell it where
  8. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member

Or get gTunes from Market. Search and DL mp3s. Free.

However: don't be one of those goobers who complains in the comments about needing more songs available, the songs are what can be found using search. The application does not *host* the files itself.
  9. Yangyong

Yangyong Member

I have a motorola defy working on 2.2 Froyo and I was looking for an answer to exactly the same query - but am not looking at downloading music - just the BBC audio podcasts. I can download and play but what if I want to "save" and listen later ? If it does save automatically, as you pointed out for the HTC, then how do I find out where it saved itself on the sdcard on my Defy ? Search perhaps ? I couldn't find my download yesterday, after I'd listened to it, by the way.:cool::confused:
  10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Depends if they are being streamed (I.e. downloaded and played but not saved) or downloaded. Chances are its streaming.

Personally I use a podcast app to download podcasts (including some BBC ones) and that is way more convenient. (BeyondPod, Dogcatcher and pocket casts are all good options).
  11. ohughes

ohughes New Member

I also would like to know if there is a way to right-click to get a pop-up list e.g. when using VNC Viewer of a remote PC (VNC server) how to disconnect? On a PC running Viewer, one right-clicks on the VNC icon which lists options such as 'disconnect viewers'.
  12. Yangyong

Yangyong Member

Bit late - but thank you. Getting the hang of it now and using Astro File Manager
  13. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: