Right definitely need help.

Last Updated:

1. mat

mat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello android forums people, had my Desire 3 days now and I've only just realised now I'm having problems. For some reason something is stopping my receiving calls and texts.

My mates have been texting me and nothing has been coming through until I kill all mobile network data being sent or received(making is a dumbphone) and I can't work out what the hell is going on. I always have 4/5 bars worth of signal and when i have mobile network data ON the upload and download arrows are not constantly lit up like there is a constant stream of data.

Has anyone got any ideas?

It does exactly the same with both sync and always on mobile data turned on and off. The thing I don't understand is that most of the time it appears to be now allowing all calls or texts in but rarely it will. I have everything set up like I did on my HTC Hero but its not acting the same.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Are you on 2g only?

Could be a faulty SIM. What does your network see/say?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. mat

Yeah on 2G only, works out I can't get 3G at my house, my temporary Nokia was lying to me. My T-Mobile sim is about 10 months old and haven't had any problems previously, don't have a clue whats going on but its really annoying. Tempted to format it or something to see if it fixes anything.

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Talk to t-mobile before doing anything drastic like a format

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

mat likes this.
  5. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Download system panel from the market and have a see if you have a naughty app that is constantly running. Gprs data connection will block calls.

mat likes this.
  6. mat

Ok will call them tomorrow. I've not really downloaded any apps that would effect it that I can think of, but even if i had installed an app that constantly downloads and uploads information it would still cut out to allow texts and phone calls wouldn't it?

7. mat

Will try that too cheers mate.