Ringers/Notifications while using earphones???General

Last Updated:

1. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make my Notifications and Ring tones only come through my earphone when I have them plugged in?

I was listening to music, and did not like the fact that when I had a notification, or someone called the phone's speaker would sound along with my earphones. Would like to make it so that the sound only comes through the earphones, but I did not find anything in the settings menu.

Advertisement
  2. mckinzie.rose

mckinzie.rose Member

+1

My BlackBerry does this and I hate that. I'm looking towards getting the Eris, so this would definitely be helpful.

3. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

I noticed this also.......its ok, but i would prefer to only hear through headset when plugged in.

4. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I have the Beautiful Silent and Vibrate widgets installed. The only way I have found to stop the exterior sound is to set the phone to vibrate or silent. My music pauses and the phone will vibrate and show the message or just show a message has arrived. If I do not select either, the sound comes through the earbuds and the phone's speaker.

5. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

downloaded the beautiful silent widgets. Will give it a try. Its easy to toggle sounds on/off so this should suffice.

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I dont have those widgets, but while at work I turn the ringer to silent and listed to music with earbuds. I have the same thing happen ... when I get a text the music stops and I hear the notification.

7. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guess I'll have to put the phone on vibrate. Although, I feel that this "smart phone" is capable of just muting the external speaker when the headset is plugged in.