RingtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. maccboy

maccboy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    New here. Be gentle with me.
    I've just got a Desire on O2 (it's lovely) but I'm having problems getting my own mp3 files to be ringtones. I've followed all of the different instructions on here about which folders to store them in but it just won't work! If I browse to one of the files with Astro and long press on the file, a menu appears. Under Music Options, the Play and Set As Ringtone functions are not available. The files are currently on the SD card under \media\audio\ringtones.
    I have tried setting the files as ringtones under the Personalise option as well as the Notifications and Phone Ringtone options.
    Thanks in desperation!
    maccboy.

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I use the app tone picker, its free from the market & very easy to use

3. maccboy

Thanks Anoniemouse! That works - but it would still be nice to know why the phone doesn't do what it should!

4. maccboy

Hmmm. It doesn't work. It appears to assign that particular mp3 to be the ringtone but when the phone rings, it uses a standard Desire one. Pooh!

5. DomestiKat

DomestiKat New Member

I'm new too and completely computer illiterate, so excuse if this reply is, what should happen anyway and doesn't work on your phone but i just tried to press settings while i'm listening to the mp3 and set it as ring tone to the contact. Does work for this desire.

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

You need directories on your phones SD Card. You can either create them using a file explorer app like (EStrong/Astro) or connect your phone to a PC as a disk drive.

The folders you need are:

/media/audio/ringtones
    /media/audio/notifications - SMS