• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Risks of leaked version 2.1?

Root or Leaked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
more like the really bad pirated movie that you bought from a guy that said its almost as close to being in a movie theater but its just a bunch of heads popping up, only shows top half of the screen, and the sound quality is compared to listening to a video through choppy crappy speakers.....ill wait for the dvd to come out

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for all the help! I decided to install the leaked version but then i realized "oh shit! this doesnt have all the things i wanted" so even though im loving it i wish i had rooted, even though rooting sounds alot harder... haha

You're an orthopedic surgeon.
Unless you are a resident, just go and buy another Eris and root that one.
Just money.

Upvote 0
Cool. So I have this knee problem see? Torn ACL getting it repaired in a few weeks. Do I go with all cadaver parts or a strand of my own hamstring to bolster the repair? Of course I'll upgrade to the leak before I go under.

It doesn't really matter because you have to go through just about the same rehab for whichever you choose. I would recommend the cadaver because that is what I use mostly, but ask your surgeon what he is most comfortable with because it doesn't have any effect on the outcome, they are both about the same. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Lumps are serious business.

How is Helix Launcher working for you? Seems like a few people have been having issues with it slowing their phone down. If you do experience it, you may want to try removing it.

I dunno what the craze behind running OpenHome, etc. over Sense (it doesn't disable Sense) is but it's definitely slowing the phone down.

Upvote 0
It doesn't really matter because you have to go through just about the same rehab for whichever you choose. I would recommend the cadaver because that is what I use mostly, but ask your surgeon what he is most comfortable with because it doesn't have any effect on the outcome, they are both about the same. Hope this helps!
Helps big time, thanks. He has been using a combo for 2 years now and really likes it because of the weakness of the cadaver due to sterilization procedures that are needed. We'll only be using 1 strand of hamstring vs 2 than can be used. Really, thanks so much for your input. Sorry folks for hijacking this for a second or two.

Upvote 0
Lumps are serious business.

How is Helix Launcher working for you? Seems like a few people have been having issues with it slowing their phone down. If you do experience it, you may want to try removing it.

I dunno what the craze behind running OpenHome, etc. over Sense (it doesn't disable Sense) is but it's definitely slowing the phone down.

Helix Launcher is running great for me, about the same speed as sense but my phone has always seemed a little on the slow side.. But it is running very smooth none the less. I tried OpenHome and absolutely hated it also.

Upvote 0
V1 was fine v2 blows. Battery crushing, crashing pos. I think microsoft built this version

I disagree, I had more problems with v1. Now, I have no issues, my phone runs great!

As for the poll question, I answered what I have (2.1, v2). If I had to do it over, I would probably root with the 2.1 ROM for a couple reasons.

1. being able to uninstall the stock apps I don't use would free up some needed space.

2. being able to flash back to 1.5 if 2.1 is not for you would be nice, I am glad I am happy with 2.1 and wouldn't understand why anyone would want 1.5. So this reason is not a big one for me but it could be for others.

3. it would be nice to have more customization.

The biggest reason is uninstalling stock apps, I wish I could get rid of Visual Voicemail and Quickoffice for starters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones