• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers HTC Magic/G1 Update

bigmann77

Jul 16, 2009
I just got word that the new update is now released and is being made public for mass download sometime this week. It WILL be available before the end of this month for everyone to download from www.rogers.com/techsupport just choose your device and you should see the update when it is made available on there. From the information i have gathered the update includes the sms timestamp and some sort of keyboard fix for the G1. I was not told of any other fixes or new software such as the hero firmware or flash, but then again we will see once the update is available

Warning to Rogers users planning to update!

The following is from a PDF on their techsupport site re the ROM update:

"During the update process, do not attempt to make/receive calls,
press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this
will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable."

Also:

"All personal data (contacts, applications, photos,
bookmarks, etc) stored on the device will be lost after the update process. Back up the
data on your device by copying the data to an SD memory card."

So... be wary! I haven't run the update yet, not sure when I will.

Upvote 0
i completed the update... lost A LOT of apps... i lost eBuddy, Handy Cards, Phitdroid... a lot of apps just "dissappeared" off the market... i have NO clue why, so im kind of shocked with this update and it was an extreme dissappointment for me... but it did fix the sms problem with a huge cost for me :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones