• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [2014-05-25] [4.4.2] Tempest (OmniROM) [KVT49L] (SplitView) (Linaro)

1st December
-Synced all sources
-Titanium Backup updated
-MultiWindow cherrypick 30th Nov patch
-Transparent navbar is enabled by default

Apparently, OmniROM already HAD the translucent Decore enabled by default in the latest source sync. Next build will enable it on the lock screen. Also, I'm confused as to why build number still dates to 11/27 and Omni Version to 11/28, but oh well.

Upvote 0
8th December
-OmniROM updated to 4.4.1
-Transparent navbars and stuff (finally)
-Did not update V4A, did and should have fixed addons.d
-Various Omni updates in Settings
-Repatched latest MultiWindow cherrypicks

After testing, THIS GApps package does everything mine would've. I'm recommending this after testing it on my device, and not going to bother doing one myself until necessary. I'd like to get m yGrouper build working (and I've got a 1TB HDD incoming for Christmas so I'll be expanding Tempest then ;) ).

Upvote 0
10th December
-Slimmed down the AROMA script and files by removing what I felt were excess themes
-AROMA should now give you the option to save your install settings and languages, potentially cutting out 3+ taps of your install process
-Synced all Omni sources
-Resynced the MultiWindow patches
-Cleaned up some install issues
-Moved some scripts from Omni itself to the AROMA installer (they still install by default)
-Finally got the daggon md5 files working...

I forgot a changelog in the zip file itself, but I don't feel like cancelling my upload NOW to fix it. It'll be in the next one.

Pre-post edit: AROMA does NOT currently remember its settings. Investigation into this is ongoing. I've also noticed some peculiarities about Launcher3/GEL that I haven't had the opportunity to further test. I do seem to have lost my home page and such, though. If anybody else has any strange Launcher3/GEL occurences, please let me know.

Also, does anybody here even look at/use this thread? :p If not, I may just not update it anymore.

Upvote 0
18th December
-Installer persistence fixed, a failsafe is in place for now as well. Don't delete /sdcard/Tempest
-Latest Omni sources, Android 4.4.2
-Added a restore script and failsafes in case of... Problems.

CAUTION: USING THE RESTORE OPTIONS SETTINGS CURRENTLY BREAKS HTE INSTALL FOR UNKNOWN REASONS. ITS NOT AS FIXED AS I THOUGHT.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones